This 30 day program is designed to progress new members through the fundamentals of CrossFit: learning quality of movement, mobility technique, active recovery, relative intensity and nutritional guidance. They include 5 1-on-1 sessions with a trainer that takes you through the foundations of CrossFit with the remaining 30 days to take unlimited classes.
The emphasis of the On-Ramp is on skill development and exposure to our basic movements. It is designed to prepare you to enter our ongoing group classes. We are going to be hammering technique—both to ensure your safety—and success at the next level.
• We will introduce you to technique and mechanics first, then intensity.
• We will be showing you movements that begin with the relatively non technical and progressively more technical.
• These 5 sessions are important as these movements build on one another.
• There will be a workout at the end of each session which will get progressively more challenging as the course progresses.
• The difficulty of these workouts is ultimately in your hands…the degree that you push yourself will determine how much suffering goes on.
The class is called “On Ramp” for a specific reason…we want to ramp you up to the level of intensity and output that is inherent in our
Most importantly this On Ramp program includes:
The ability to safely and effectively perform/employ all the movements used in CrossFit HVL’s programs. Covered topics include gymnastic/body-weight exercises, mid-line stabilization exercises, plyometric movements, Olympic and Power-Lifting Movements, Kettlebell movements, and efficient running and rowing form;
A general understanding of the musculoskeletal biomechanics associated with/involved in the functional exercises used in CrossFit HVL’s programs;
Awareness of general flexibility and/or mobility restrictions which could potentially impede their progress;
Basic soft-tissue maintenance tools essential for remaining limber, healthy, and injury-free.